While most college students are packing up and heading home for Thanksgiving break, some are stuck on campus. To these stranded students, fret not! Going home for Thanksgiving is not always what it’s cracked up to be. Here are some reasons why staying on campus can be pretty cool.
1. You don’t have to deal with relatives asking you about your major and what you plan to do after you graduate.
2. You’ll probably have your dorm room all to yourself. If you went home, you might have to return to your old room. That you share with a sibling.
3. You can be productive over the break, with time to get ahead on papers and tests. When the other students get back, they may feel a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work they return to—but not you.
4. And once you get your work done, you can have some “me” time to do whatever you want. Read a book. Binge-watch on Netflix.
5. It might not be your aunt’s turkey, but you can eat whatever you want—pizza, even. And you don’t have to be polite and partake in questionable foods other relatives made.
6. It gives you a break from all of the people that may annoy you on campus. You know. Those ones.
7. You don’t have to run into your high school classmates at home.
8. Communal showers all to yourself. No lines!
9. You can take some cool Instagram photos around your pretty campus without people photobombing them.
10. It’s more than just you. There’s a group of students out there that are also campus-bound for the holiday, and when you find each other, it will feel like some sort of post-apocalyptic TV show. You’ll bond and view the campus as a deserted wasteland.